Jan 4, 2017

Colombia for wannabes

I will try to encourage all Colombians who dream to visit exotic places to keep pursuing in their challenge. Seriously there many amazing places out there to be discovered by you.

This reminds me when I had chance to live for a short period in Hawaii, I consider that place one of the most unique areas I ever lived.  Just to get there was a whole X'perience. After a long flight from San Francisco you have to wait at Honolulu (Oahu Island) airport to get the flight to the Big Island (Hawai'i) of the State of Hawaii.

The X'perience to this new place starts here:

The first impression from the plane was WOW! I can't bealive how beautiful is this place, but the most exciting things was that I am one of those few Colombians who are lucky enough to be here.

(First impression)
Then I just can't stop watching the colour of the sea, its a perfect combination of blue tones contrasting with the beauty of the mountains in green almost all cover with native forest that gives that wild look that x'plorers will love to found.

One of the most valuable thing in this part of the globe are the people, they are not just a beautiful race but amazing hosts.  I think one of the reasons is because they are so far from large population areas, where all the competition and greed of low quality humans.

The food, another amazing aspect that everytime I remember to shoot; sadly, most of the time its already in my tommy and the only thing I can take are the crums or leftovers of a sauce.   So yes, I am missing crab-patty (Sorry I don't know if its well spelled); almost everyday at 4PM when they came out of the oven, me and my friend walk up the hill just less than half a km to get 2 delicious "empanada" made by a beautiful local woman.

Another amazing X'perience is scuba diving in some of the most clean water that you can find here, there is no waters that clean in the north coast of Colombia.  Here in this part of the sea, we can find amazing wild animals that are so happy in their environment that rarely get scared by us, because probably they don't see us as predators.  I remember diving near Santa Marta, where almost every fish was so stressed by divers and get hide.

For a place with a population of 5.011 people acording to Wikipedia its a paradise for crazy humans like me that came from a city with 8'600.000+ people.

Please enjoy this images that I want to share; so I can let clear about the beauty of this piece of land that is not visited by many colombians; because they are so proud to go to "shitty" places like Miami and the wonders that buy on TV.

 (The X trees, for XQUALO)
uh, did I said that this precious island belongs to Colombia? yes, even that our great goverment loose a 4th of our sea in that area we still have those islands in our territory, so please go there, support the local community and enjoy the most beautiful country that we have. Even our polluted and crowded city of bogotá has its enchanted areas, that many citizens from this city are affraid to explore.

The trip start in Bogotá to San Andres then I took a flight to Providence but also i try the catamaran trip but are 3 hours, and if you have enough time and you don't suffer of seasickness go for it; and get a new X'perience in your live.

I can't forget that I was really lucky to be in Providencia and X'perience the beauty of a place that has its own value compared with other paradisiac places of this globe.  Don't be affraid to try new areas, new tastes and new cultures in a multi-cultural country as Colombia.  Here you can really feel like you are in one of those places that you don't feel that you are in Colombia; so away from our rutine.

No comments: